We sure do love us some Fort Worth! And what better way to show our support of not only our friends at the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce, but the noble work of those at the American Heart Association by participating in Go Red For Women Day. On Friday, February 5, we rocked our best red(ish) clothes to show support and help raise awareness (like this!) for the great work of the American Heart Association of Tarrant County and their quest to reduce heart disease and strokes.
This experience helped us remember some things and we learned a few more, such as;
- The number one killer of women in America is heart disease and strokes.
- Americans on average have twice as much sodium as recommended per day. Sodium leads to high blood pressure which leads to heart disease and strokes.
- Social Media really can be used for good…it was great to see all our neighbors in their creative pics! (#GoRedTC)
- Everyone’s interpretation of what “dressing red” means is different
- Drake is so afraid of having his picture taken he called in sick this day
- We really need to get out downtown more frequently!